Pending recipients are those that received the subscription confirmation email from the system (double opt-in), but did not confirm their subscription. The system by default allows you to activate an event-based message that can be used to alert pending recipients to confirm their subscriptions (for additional event-based messages, you will need to purchase the Marketing+ package: ask your account manager about it).
To setup the automated reminder for pending subscribers:
- Log into the system administration area
- In the left-side navigation, select Event Based Msg > Saved
- Click on the Edit icon for the item shown, which by default is entitled "Confirm your subscription"
- Review the settings (see the screen shot below)
- Activate the automated reminder by switching the status to Enabled
- You can select the message that will be sent using the corresponding drop-down menu. The message can of course be edited.
Once this event-based message is enabled, pending recipients will automatically be notified N days after the subscription confirmation message has been sent to them, where N is the number you specified in the settings.
Make sure that the message you send contains the subscription confirmation link. See this article for more information about creating a good subscription confirmation message
Article ID: 374, Created On: 9/13/2011, Modified: 9/13/2011